Dear TAOTS Families’,
I hope that everyone enjoyed their weekend!
Here are some Weekly Announcements and Reminders from your Parent Coordinator…
- On Friday, October 2nd , the Students began their 1st Cycle of Enrichment Clusters and they All had a Wonderful Experience!
- We would like to Thank All of our Families & Friends who came out for the Ragamuffin Parade! It was a Lovely Event!
- Just a kind reminder, that the TAOTS Band will begin soon for Grades 3-5. If your child is interested , new students are welcome! Stay Tuned…
- All the information for Project Smarts and Federation Arts will be coming home at the end of the week. Please look in your child’s HW folder for the letter.
- Please remember if you have not registered for your NYC Schools Account, please contact Melissa Appelbaum.
- As the cold weather approaches , please be sure to label all of your child’s belonging. Please check the Lost & Found frequently if your child has misplaced an item. The Lost & Found is located in the lobby of school. Please ask the Safety Agent to direct you.
- Some of you may have received a notice about immunizations. Others may have received a second notice. To those Parents/Guardians who have received this second notice your child NEEDS to become up to date with their immunizations. A third and final notice will be going out on October 13, 2015. From then you will have 10 days to have your child brought up to date or he/she will NOT be permitted to attend school.
Please see the below read these notices carefully. I have listed a link to the Chancellor’s Regulation A-701. http://schools.nyc.gov/NR/rdonlyres/27CAA4C5-A723-44E6-B271-338CF89C3D79/0/A701.pdf Call Ms. Martini at extension 2143 with any questions.
- If you are need of Yellow Bus Transportation from the Kensington Area, please contact Melissa Appelbaum, extension 2144.
- Monday, October 5, 2015 – Mark Twain Middle School Open House 5:30pm
- Tuesday, October 6,2015 – 1st Grade Trip. Parent Communication Day. Reach out to your child’s teacher if you would like to discuss any issues, progress, or concerns. Please be sure to make an appointment.
- Wednesday, October 7, 2015 – Happy Wednesday!
- Thursday, October 8, 2015 – Mark Twain Middle School Open House 5:30pm. District 20 Middle School Fair 5:30pm.
- Friday , October 9, 2015 – Happy Friday!! On Saturday, October 10th our school will be participating in The FIAO Brooklyn Columbus Parade. Please join us toward the end of 62nd between 18th & 19th Ave.
- Lineup will be begin between 12:00pm – 12;30pm
- Parade begins promptly at 1:00pm
- Dismissal will be on 18th between Benson & Bath Ave.
School will be Closed on Monday, October 12, 2015 Enjoy your long weekend!!! Please reach out if you have any questions or need assistance.