Dear TAOTS Families,
We hope that everyone is enjoyed their long weekend!
Some Reminders :
|NYC Parks Help Make Fitness an Affordable New Year’s Resolution forParents and Students
An NYC Parks Recreation Center membership gives you access to New York City’s most affordable and extensive network of recreational facilities across the five boroughs. Anyone can be a member – there are no residency requirements and kids under 18 can get a free membership.
Come to any of the Recreation Center locations with one form of photo identification. If you do not have a valid form of identification, find out how to get one at Get Your IDNYC. Youth can bring a student ID or birth certificate.
Winter Jam 2016
Presented by NYC Parks, Lake Placid, I Love NY, and Ski Areas of New York, Winter Jam NYC is the ultimate snow day: a free winter sports festival for New Yorkers of all ages! Our partners at Gore Mountain will blow lots of fresh snow in the heart of Manhattan, so there will be plenty for all to enjoy.
All ages and skill levels are welcome on Saturday, January 23, 2016 from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm in the Band Shell Area of Central Park.
Venues and Activities include:
- Kick sledding
- Learn to Ski & Snowboard
- Taste NY Winter Market
Rent equipment at no cost or bring your own! For more information about Winter Jam and directions to the event, visit www.nyc.gov/parks/winterjam or call us at (212) 360.8213.
|NOMINATION DEADLINE: Monday, January 18, 2016
School communities across the City have the opportunity to recognize the exceptional work of our outstanding educators through the NYC Department of Education’s annual Big Apple Awards: Recognizing Teacher Excellence in New York City. We encourage our entire school community—students, families, faculty, and staff—to nominate educators. When our communities shine a spotlight on the great work of our educators, we strengthen family-community ties, build greater trust and mutual appreciation within our schools, and create additional opportunities for deeper collaboration.
For more information on the awards, to see past recipients or to nominate a teacher visit their webpage.
- Please be sure to check the Lost & Found for missing belongings. Please label all of your child’s belongings. Thank you.
- Kindergarten Application Process has been extended to Wednesday, January 20th , 2016.
- Monday, January 18th, 2016 – School Closed – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- There will be No Brooklyn Engineering for Kids After School.
- Tuesday, January 19th, 2016 – Parent Communication Day!
- Please be sure to make an appointment in advance with your child’s teachers. Thank you.
- Town Hall Performance! Parents are welcome to attend! Please see the scheduled times & locations below:
- 2-219 at 8:00am in Room 337
- 1-217 at 8:45am in Room 337
- 3rd Grade at 10:15am in the Auditorium
- K-122 at 11:05am in Room 337
- 1-215 at 1:25pm in Room 337
***The Remaining Classes will Perform on Monday, January 25th , 2016***
- 2-210 at 8:00am in Room 337
- 1-208 at 9:30am in Room 337
- 2-212 at 11:05am in Room 337
- K-139 at 11:55am in Room 337
- K-126 at 12:40pm in Room 337
- Teacher – Led Parent Workshops for 1st Grade , 3rd Grade , 4th Grade, and 5th Grade at 2:30pm.
- Brooklyn Engineering for Kids After School , Grades K-2, 2:30pm – 3:30pm.
- Wednesday, January 20th, 2016 – Happy Wednesday!
- Federation Arts After School, Grades K-2 & Project Smarts After School , Grades 3-5 , 2:20pm – 4:20pm
- Thursday, January 21st , 2016 – Happy Thursday!
- Please join us for a PTO Meeting at 8:30am in the Auditorium.
- Class 4-224 has a field trip to The Old Stone House.
- Federation Arts After School, Grades 3-5 & Project Smarts After School , Grades K-2 , 2:20pm – 4:20pm
- Friday, January 22nd , 2016 – Happy Friday! Have a Great Weekend!
If you have any questions , please feel free to reach out.