Dear TAOTS Families,
School will be Open Monday, January 25th, 2016. Please resume normal schedule. Kindly give yourself enough time to travel, as we expect there to be many travel delays with transportation. Mostly importantly be safe!
We hope that everyone is staying warm , safe , and enjoyed your weekend!
Here are your Weekly Announcements & Reminders for the Week of 1/24/16:
- Monday, January 25th , 2016 – Happy Monday!
- Town Hall Performance! Parents are welcome to attend! Please see the scheduled times & locations below:
- 2-210 at 8:00am in Room 337
- 1-208 at 9:30am in Room 337
- 2-212 at 11:05am in Room 337
- K-139 at 11:55am in Room 337
- K-126 at 12:40pm in Room 337
- Brooklyn Engineering for Kids After School, Grades 3-5, 2:30pm – 4:00pm
- Tuesday, January 26th , 2016 – Parent Communication Day!
- Kindly make an appointment in advance to meet with your child’s teacher .
- Specialty Teacher – Led Parent Workshops for : K–5 ESL with Ms. Tomeo in the Science Lab at 2:30pm and Technology with Ms. Marsh in the Library at 2:30pm.
- 4-233 has a trip to The Historic Old Stone House.
- Picture Re-take Day.
- Brooklyn Engineering for Kids , Grades K-2, 2:30pm – 3:30pm
- Wednesday, January 27th, 2016- Happy Wednesday! TAOTS College Awareness Day!
- It is Optional for Students to wear College Apparel. All Staff Members have been asked to dress in their College Attire as well! Our wonderful teachers will be discussing with our students the importance of attending college. As well as having discussions about their college experiences and where they attended college. It is never too early to educate our children about the importance of attending college!
- 4-226 has a trip to The Historic Old Stone House.
- Project Smarts for 3-5 & Federation for K-2 from 2:30pm – 4:20pm
- Thursday, January 28th , 2016- TOATS Winter Arts Festival!
- Please join us in the Auditorium for our Annual TAOTS Winter Arts Festival. 8:15am for Grades K-2 & 12:00pm for Grades 3-5.
- Project Smarts for K-2 & Federation for 3-5 from 2:30pm – 4:20pm
- Friday, January 29th, 2016- Happy Friday! Enjoy your weekend!
- 5th Grade will have a Westward Expansion Expo at 12:00pm . Parents are welcome to attend!
- Kindly check the Lost & Found for lost belongings.
- Ms. Glotova has sent home registration forms for “Marathon For Kids”. This program will take place during your child’s scheduled Gym class. If you have signed up to participate, please let Ms. Glotova know if your child is enrolled in any extracurricular activities outside of school. Ms. Glotova will account for the steps in your child’s extracurricular activity. Feel free to contact Ms. Glotova at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- On Thursday, February 25, 2016, 5:30pm – 7:00pm , please join us for our TAOTS Annual Family Fitness Night for Grades K-5 in the Auditorium. We have partnered up with The American Heart Association along with Ms. Glotova. Information packets have went home. If you have not received your packet in Grades K-2, you will receive the packet by the end of next week. To clarify, all students are welcome to participate in ALL Activity Stations at Family Fitness Night, even if they do not participate in The American Heart Association fundraiser for the Puppies and Prizes. Every student will receive a prize. We look forward to a Fun Fit Family Night Together!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach. As always, thank you for your continued support.