Dear TAOTS Families,
I hope that all is well and everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather.
We had a very nice week here at TAOTS.
On Tuesday, March 8th , 2016 our Academic Coach, Ms. Mullin held a very informative meeting on the changes and updates of this year’s State Exams for Grades 3-5. The last day of Brooklyn Engineering for Kids for Grades K-2 was Tuesday, March 8th , 2016. Brooklyn Engineering for Kids will be offering another 8 week program beginning on Tuesday, April 5th , 2016 – May 31st , 2016. Space is limited, so if you are interested register with Mr. Allen ASAP!
- Please review TAOTS Dress Code Policy on page 16 in the TAOTS Parent Handbook, which reads as follows:
DRESS CODE POLICY
Our students will wear a school uniform. Khaki will be the color of our pants, skirts, skorts, dresses and/or shorts. Students will have the option of wearing white or red polo or rugby shirts/blouses, sweaters and/or vests.
Gym Uniform: Students will wear gray sweatpants and sweatshirts or T-shirts with our school name and/or logo. Parents can purchase the gym uniform and polo shirts with the TAOTS logo on them through IDEAL Department Store (www.idealuniform.com) located at 1816 Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn.
FRIDAYS: Students have the option of dressing down in their own clothes provided it’s appropriate to school. Uniforms may also be worn if you choose.
Please make sure your children have proper footwear, sneakers are required on gym day. No Crocs, High heels or flip flips will be allowed in school for safety reasons. If this is a topic that you would like to further discuss at a PTO Meeting, please contact the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org to add this topic to their agenda for further discussion and voting on the School Dress Code Policy.
- In an effort to prepare the Senior Yearbook for the 5th Grade, we will need to collect one baby picture per student. Please send in these picture in an envelope labeled with your child’s name and class. These pictures will be returned to you once they are scanned. The Deadline for handing in your baby picture is Friday , April 1st, 2016. Thank you .
- Please be sure to check the Lost & Found for missing belongings , as we will be cleaning out the Lost & Found soon. We will provide you with the clean out date soon. Kindly label all of your child’s belongings.
Here are your Announcements for the Week of 3/13/16:
- Monday, March 14, 2016- Happy Monday!
- 2-219 has trip to The Museum of the City of NY.
- Brooklyn Engineering for Kids for Grades 3-5 , 2:30pm – 4:00pm. The Last Class for Grades 3-5 will be on Tuesday, March 21st, 2016 , 2:30pm – 4:00pm.
- Tuesday, March 15th, 2016- Happy Parent Communication Tuesday!
- K122 & K126 have a trip to LaBella Supermarket.
- 2-212 has trip to The Museum of the City of NY.
- 4-226 has a trip to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden.
- If you would like to meet with your child’s teachers, please make an appointment in advance.
- Teacher – Led Parent Workshops for Grades 1st, 3rd, 4th, & 5th . Be sure to check the TAOTS Community Calendar on our website taots.org for a short description of the workshop that will be offered. If you have any questions, kindly reach out to your child’s teacher via email.
- Feel free to reach out to your Parent Coordinator, Ms. Appelbaum if you have any concerns or issues to discuss. Also, feel free to contact Ms. Appelbaum to set up your NYC Schools Account – (NYCSA). Your NYCSA will allow you to view your child’s current or past years’ data using the “Grades” and “Attendance” icons, as well as viewing your child’s NY State Test Scores using the “Assessments” icon.
- Kindly remember to complete your Parent Survey and return to Ms. Appelbaum, if you have not done so already. If you completed your survey online , please send me the confirmation receipt. Thank you for All Your Support! It’s Your School, Your Voice!
- Wednesday, March 16, 2016- Happy Wednesday!
- 4-224 has a trip Brooklyn Botanical Garden.
- Federation After School for Grades K-2 & Project Smarts After School for Grades 3-5, 2:20pm – 4:20pm.
- Thursday, March 17, 2016- Happy Thursday!
- Project Smarts After School for Grades K-2 & Federation After School for Grades K-2, 2:20pm – 4:20pm.
- Friday, March 18, 2016 – Happy Friday! Enjoy Your Weekend!
- Class Themed Baskets due for the Gala. “The Secret Gala “will be on Sunday, April 17th, 2016, 12pm – 4pm at the Rex Manor. Be sure to purchase your tickets and raffles soon through taotspto.org . We look forward to seeing you there!
- Here are some of the 2016 Gala Teacher Experiences to look forward to: Picnic in the Park with Ms. Hagan & Ms. Rojek, Water Balloon Party in the Park (Whole Class) with Ms.Henricksen & Ms. Perselis , Mani – Pedi Party with Ms. DeVivo & Ms. Appelbaum, Mystery Experience with Ms. Francomano, Trading Places with Mr. Rathan & Ms. Bowerman– Teach 5th Grade for the Day!, Walk to L&B Spumoni Garden for ice cream and lunch during lunch -1 hour, 1 winner with Ms. Leung & Ms. Harrow, Direct Your Own Video with Mr. Rhys at The Media Spot!, Lunch & Play with Ms. Glotova, Superhero Lunch Party with Ms. Meghan, All of 1st Grade will have Ice Pops in the Big Playground!, Mystery Outing with All of the 4th Grade Teachers 1 winner & 3 friends, Lunch , Movie & Games with Ms. Delynn & Ms. Jurgrau at lunchtime in the classroom – 1 winner with 2 friends. These are just a few & more to come !!!! Stayed Tuned!
- Open PTO Election Process for board vacancy. Please think about serving on your PTO Board for September 2016 – June 2017. Joining the PTO will provide you with the opportunity to make decisions about exciting new events for our students, as well as being a voice for our parent population and community. Working alongside teachers and administration offers a rewarding and gratifying experience for you and your child.
- Open Student Leadership Team Vacancy and alternate. Please think about serving on the SLT. The SLT is responsible for developing a School’s Comprehensive Educational Plan. An SLT provides an annual assessment to the community district or superintendent regarding principal’s record of developing an effective, shared decision-making relationship with the SLT members during the year.
In advance, thank you for your continued support! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.