Dear TAOTS Families,
We had a great first week back here at TAOTS!
We hope that everyone is adjusting well and settling in!
Here are your Weekly Announcements & Reminders for the Week of 9/18/16:
- Monday, September 19th , 2016-
- Tuesday, September 20th , 2016 – Parent Communication Tuesday!
- “Dads Take Your Child To School” –
- TAOTS recognizes the citywide DOE’s initiative of the importance of Strong Male Figures and Role Models in our children’s lives. Drop your child off to school in the morning and Grab – A – Granola to Go…Thank you for being a special part of your child’s life.
- If you would like to meet with your child’s teachers. Please make an appointment in advance. Please feel free to reach out to your teachers or Ms. Appelbaum if you would like to discuss any issues or concerns.
- Please contact Ms. Appelbaum if you would like to set up your New York City Schools Account (NYCSA) to access your child’s grades and attendance. There will be a table for open registration on September 22nd , 2016 on Curriculum Night.
- Parent Workshop for New ESL Students 8:30am & 2:30pm
- Wednesday, September 21st , 2016 –
- Thursday, September 22nd ,2016- Curriculum Night!
- Please join us for Curriculum Night: 4:30pm -5:30pm Curriculum Night, 5:30pm – 6pm Principal’s Welcome /Meet the Specialty Teachers & Support Staff, 6pm – 6:45pm PTO Meeting in the Cafeteria, 6:45pm – 7:30pm Reception in the Cafeteria.
- Friday, September 23rd , 2016 – Happy Friday & Enjoy Your Weekend!
- Immunizations: If you have received a warning form regarding immunizations, your child will be excluded as per the date the form specifies. If your child has been updated , please provide Ms. Martini with this documentation. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Stephanie Martini 718-621-2730 ext.2143.
- Please be sure to return ALL of your completed Blue Cards, Meal Form Applications, and Permission / Videography Forms as soon as possible if have not done so already. You can complete your Meal Form Application online if you like www.applyforlunch.com.
- Please read the Parent Handbook .
- If you have any changes in your child’s dismissal plan, you Must contact your child’s teachers and email@example.com. If your child is a Bus Student, please contact your child’s teachers, firstname.lastname@example.org, Mappelbaum@taots.org, and Adikusar@taots.org before 12pm.
- Stay Tuned for more information on TAOTS K-5 Afterschool. Federation and Project Smarts will once again be offered at TAOTS on Wednesdays & Thursdays from October 19, 2016 – April 6th , 2016 .
- For the safety of your children, please do NOT send your children in CROCS, Open Toe Sandals, or any Shoes with a High Heal. We recommend sneakers or comfortable flat and safe shoes.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.