Dear TAOTS Families,
We hope that you are enjoying your weekend.
We had a great week here at TAOTS!
A Huge Thank You to our PTO & Families who volunteered their time and donated bake goods for the Annual PTO Election Day Bake Sale!
Here are your Weekly Announcements & Reminders from your PC for the Week of 11/13/16:
Open School Week – November 14th – 18th ,2016
We have a wonderful week planned for Open School Week and we hope to see you all at some of our events.
- Monday, November 14, 2016-
- 2-219 has a trip to Brooklyn Bridge Park.
- 5-235 has trip to Two Books & Pizza
- Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Grade Open Classroom Visitation – Come in and visit your child in their classroom or specialty class during the following times:
Period 2 8:45 – 9:30
Period 3 9:30 – 10:15
Period 6 11:55 – 12:40
Period 7 12:40 – 1:25
- Brooklyn Engineering for Kids, Grades 3-5 , 2:30pm – 4pm Sharp.
- Tuesday, November 15, 2016 – Parent Communication Day!
- 12:00pm – TAOTS 3rd Annual Spelling Bee – Parents Are Welcome to Attend – Auditorium Grades 4 & 5
The 5 finalists from each classroom in grades 4 and 5 will compete in our 3rd Annual TAOTS Spelling Bee.
- Open Classroom Visitation for Class 2-219 – Come in and visit your child in their classroom or specialty class during the following times:
Period 2 8:45 – 9:30
Period 3 9:30 – 10:15
- 2:30pm – Teacher Led Parent Workshops – We have brought back this wonderful opportunity to sit with your child’s teachers and have a workshop on grade appropriate topics. This month topics are:
K – OG/Fundations – What is OG? How does it look in a Kindergarten Classroom?
1 – Literacy: Reading Benchmark: strategies; overview of next writing unit.
2 – Reading & Writing: Gripping stories & Getting to know our characters.
3 – Persuasive Writing: Organization, Structure, & Elaboration.
4 – Writing: Writing Boxes & Bullets.
5 – Math: Demonstrating Strategies that Parents can use with Fractions.
- McKinley Open House at 6pm. There will be another Open House on Saturday, November 19th , 2016 at 9am.
- Wednesday, November 16, 2016 –
- Open Classroom Visitation – Come in and visit your child in their classroom or specialty class during the following times:
Grade 3 – Period 3 – 9:30 – 10:15
Grade 4 – Period 2 – 8:45 – 9:30
Grade 5 – Period 7 – 12:40 – 1:25
- Federation Afterschool for all grades , 2:20pm – 4:30pm Sharp.
- Thursday, November 17, 2016 –
- 9:00am – Turkey Dance – A – Thon – (Students Only) Students will go to the gym throughout the school day to participate in various dance genres and activities organized by Ms. Glotova. The purpose of this fundraiser is to raise awareness for good health, diet, and exercise; and to raise awareness of childhood obesity. Please see the attached sponsor sheet.
- Thanksgiving Classroom Celebrations will be coordinated by class parents and classroom teachers .
All Parents Are Welcome to Attend. More information on celebration times will be provided soon by your Class Parents.
- Tribes Family Mixer – 5:30pm- 6:30pm – Library
- PTO Meeting 6:30pm – 7:30pm – Library
- Project Smarts Afterschool for all grades, 2:20pm – 4:30pm Sharp.
- Friday, November 18, 2016 –
- Enrichment Clusters Open Session– 1:25 – 2:10 – Come learn how your child is becoming college & career ready.
- Today is the last day to donate non – perishable food goods to City Harvest. Thank you for all your support.
- Last day to purchase pies from the PTO.
- NYC Thanks Our Teachers! Show your appreciation by nominating an excellent educator for the Big Apple Awards: nyc.gov/BigAppleAwards the Deadline to nominate a teacher is Friday, December 9th , 2016.
- Please be sure to check the Lost & Found frequently. We will set a date before the Holidays as to when we will be cleaning out the Lost & Found. Kindly be sure to label all your child’s belonging.
- The 2017 NYC Kindergarten Directories have been delivered. The application period open Wednesday, November 30th , 2016- Thursday, January 13th , 2016. For information go to : nyc.gov/Kindergarten
- Below is a link to an upcoming conference holding workshops for parents on learning disabilities. I thought that this might be a great resource to share with parents who may be interested in learning more.https://www.eventbrite.com/e/learning-disabilities-citywide-conference-unlocking-the-future-tickets-28368000453?aff=es2
If you have any questions , please feel free to reach out.