Dear TAOTS Families,
We hope that you are enjoying your weekend.
We have an exciting week planned at TAOTS !
Here are your Weekly Announcements & Reminders from your PC for the Week of 2/12/17:
- Monday, February 13th, 2017 – Wear Orange !
- J-Line Dance Crew Performance for students only.
- SLT Meeting 3:45pm.
- Tuesday, February 14th , 2017 – Wear Red for TAOTS Tribes Friendship & Love Day!
- K122 & K126 have a trip to Engine 254.
- 4-226 & 4-233 have a trip to Brooklyn Historical Society.
- Teacher Led Parent Workshops for Kindergarten :Math, 1st Grade :Literacy, & 2nd Grade: Math.
- Brooklyn Engineering for Kids for Grades K-2 , 2:30pm – 3:30pm.
- Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 – Wear a Hat/Cap to school to “Put a Cap on Name Calling!”
- Federation After School for all grades 2:20pm – 4:30pm.
- Thursday, February 16th , 2017- Wear Purple to Take a Stand Against Bullying!
- 3-218 & 3-231 have a trip to Pinot’s Palette.
- PTO Meeting 8:30am in the Auditorium.
- Project Smarts After School for all grades 2:20pm – 4:30pm.
- Rolling out the TAOTS Red Carpet : Premiering Math & Literacy Night!
5pm-7pm on the 2nd Floor
- Friday, February, 17th, 2017- Wear Sports Apparel to discuss the quote, “ We are all good sports if we treat each other like we are on the same team!”
- TAOTS has a Fun Filled Day Planned with various grade appropriate Math, Literacy, & Tribes Activities!
School will be Closed for Mid – Winter Recess – Monday, February 20th, 2017 – Friday, February 24th , 2017.
School will Resume on Monday, February 27th, 2017.
- http://nycparentleaders.org/ Now is your chance to impact how New York City public schools work for your children and all children in your community. Your voice matters. Run for an Education Council seat and help shape the policies and priorities of your school district or even the city. The only experience you need is to be a parent of a New York City public school student. Parents can text “RUN2017” to 877–877 to receive additional information on the 2017 Citywide and Community Education Council elections.
- In honor of Valentine’s Day on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 as per Chancellor Carmen Farina’s request we are asking that you Tweet, post quotes on Instagram , or Facebook with the hashtag #PSILoveMySchool. Here are some quotes below that we have from our website from some of our students.
140 Character TWEETS tagged #psilovemyschool with quotes & video links:
“(When I watch the doc on PS682) even though I go to this school, I WANT TO GO! I WANT TO GO!” #psilovemyschool https://vimeo.com/202071254
“it’s wonderful to see (PS682 students) find their strengths & share their strengths w/1 another” #psilovemyschool https://vimeo.com/193720159
“TAOTS (PS682) is my second home. TAOTS has made me a better person. 5th grade video memoirs #psilovemyschool https://vimeo.com/191036095
“(Principal Sportella, PS682) does everything so we would be happy.” 5th grader
#psilovemyschool #ThankAPrincipal https://vimeo.com/189842648
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out .