Dear TAOTS Families,
We hope that you are enjoying your weekend !
We had a great week back from winter break celebrating Dr. Seuss’ Birthday in our PJ’s!
A Huge Thank You to our Amazing Parent & Staff! Without all of you , these events would not be possible!
Here are your Weekly Announcement & Important Reminders from your PC for the Week 3/5/17:
- Monday, March 6th , 2017-
- K122 & K126 has a trip to Vesuvio’s Pizza.
- Tuesday, March 7th , 2017 –
- Teacher Led Parent Workshops for Grade 3: Math – Test prep, Grade 4: Test taking skills/strategies, Grade 5: Math/ELA , & Art with Ms. Costanzo.
- Brooklyn Engineering for Kids, Grades K-2, 2:30pm – 3:30pm. The Last Class is on Tuesday, March 21st , 2017.
- Please be sure that you have registered for your child’s NYCSA – NYC Schools Account with Ms. Appelbaum. The NYCSA is an electronic way for you to access your child’s past and present grades, state assessments, absences, and lateness. If you have not done so already, please contact Ms. Appelbaum. I will have a table set up in front of the Main Office located on the 2nd Floor during Parent teacher Conferences on Thursday, March 9th , 2017 for open registration.
- Wednesday, March 8th , 2017-
- K139 has a trip to Vesuvio’s Pizza.
- Report Card Distribution & Parent Survey Distribution. Please be sure to complete your Parent Survey and return to Ms. Appelbaum on Thursday, March 9th, 2017 to get entered into a raffle to a Gift Certificate to a local restaurant. The 1st Class to return ALL their surveys will win a Pizza Party! Most Importantly , It’s Your School, It’s Your Voice!
- Federation After School for All Grades , 2:20pm – 4:30pm.
- Thursday, March 9th , 2017-
- ½ Day Dismissal at 11:20am Promptly.
- Parent Teacher Conferences 12:20pm – 2:20pm & 4:30pm – 7:30pm.
- Project Smarts After School is Cancelled due to Parent Teacher Conferences.
- Don’t forget to complete & return your Parent Survey. Come to the 2nd Floor to submit your raffle.
- Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Don’t forget to buy your tickets for the “TAOTS In Wonderland” Gala! Our PTO will have a table set up in the Main Lobby selling Tickets & Raffles to the Gala!
- Register for your child’s NYC Schools Account.
- “ Once Upon A Cure”- Visit Ms. DeVivo for the “Relay for Life”. We will have a table on the 2nd Floor to purchase “stars” to support the “Relay for Life”. We will be participating in the “Relay for Life” on Saturday, June 17th , 2017. All families are encouraged to join us! More information about the Relay will being coming home soon…
- Friday, March 10th , 2017 –
- http://nycparentleaders.org/ Now is your chance to impact how New York City public schools work for your children and all children in your community. Your voice matters. Run for an Education Council seat and help shape the policies and priorities of your school district or even the city. The only experience you need is to be a parent of a New York City public school student. Parents can text “RUN2017” to 877–877 to receive additional information on the 2017 Citywide and Community Education Council elections.
- Kindly be sure when you shop on Amazon to use this link https://www.amazon.com/?tag=pot00-20 . TAOTS will get school rewards!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.