Dear TAOTS Families,
Here’s what’s happening the week of May 22-26!
Monday, May 22, 2017
- 9am – Kindergarten & 1st Grade
- 10am – 4th & 5th Grade
- 12pm – 2nd & 3rd Grade
- SLT Meeting 2:50 Library
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- TADA Shows – 9am – Kindergarten & 2nd Grade , 12:30pm – 1st & 3rd Grades.
- Parent Communication Day at 2:30. Please be sure to make an appointment in advance to meet with your child’s teacher.
- 2:30pm ESL & Gym – Teacher Led Parent Workshops.
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- Frozen Treat Sale – We will be selling Frozen Treats during Lunchtime for $1.00. All proceeds will go to the Relay for Life – “Once Upon A Cure”.
- 2-210 has trip to Lincoln High School.
- 2-219 has a trip to Brooklyn Botanical Garden
- 5th Grade has a trip to Fort Hamilton Army Base
- 5:30pm PTO Meeting – Election Night in the Library!
- Grade 4 NYS Science Performance Test
Thursday, May 25, 2017
- 4th Grade has trip to Yankee Stadium
- Grade 4 Science Performance Task
Friday, May 26, 2017
- Have a great weekend! School is Closed on Monday, May 29, 2017 for Memorial Day.
- School will resume on Tuesday, May 30, 2017.
Important News & Reminders:
This is a kind reminder to please remember to send your children to school with proper footwear. Flip Flops, Crocs, or Shoes with Heals are not permitted for your child’s safety. Thank you.
SchoolKidz School Supply Kit Program Has Started
In your packet you received a letter explaining the program with a teacher tailored school supply list and a SchoolKidz order form. Your school supply kit will be delivered directly to your child’s classroom for the 1st Day of School – Thursday, September 7th, 2017.
You have 2 options to order and pay for your school supply kit:
- Complete the SchoolKidz Order Form by Friday, June 16th, 2017 and send a check payable to PS 682.
- Complete your order online at www.shopttkits.com Account #26943 Before Friday, June 23rd, 2017.
In addition, there are additional items that you should purchase separately. Stay tuned for a date in late August when you will be able to drop off your school supplies (if you’re not participating in the SchoolKidz Program); along with the Additional Items. Please be sure to clearly label all the bags with your child’s name & grade.
Exciting News: Land’s End Uniforms!!
The Academy of Talented Scholars and The PTO of TAOTS are excited to announce our partnership with Land’s End to purchase a wide variety of TAOTS Uniforms. The PTO of TAOTS and TAOTS have added links to our websites to make the ordering process easier. Please find the Land’s End page/link under “Classrooms” on the TAOTS website.
Once Upon A Cure – “Relay for Life”
Your T–Shirt order forms DEADLINE has been extended to Wednesday, May 31st , 2017! We will be participating in the “Relay for Life” on Saturday, June 17th , 2017. All families are encouraged to join us! Thank you for All your support.