Here’s what’s going on at TAOTS
December 4 – December 8, 2017!
Monday, December 4, 2017
- 2:20 Parent Communication Day!
- 4:30 PBS New Nest Parent Workshop
- 5:30 Managing the Holidays for All Nest Families Workshop
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
- Picture Retake Day
- 10:30am – Ik333 & Kindergarten have a trip to College of Staten Island
- 2:30 Brooklyn Engineering for Kids After School. The last class in on December 12, 2017.
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
- 10am 1st Grade has trip to The College of Staten Island Enrichment Through the Arts
- 2:20 – 4:20 Federation After School
Thursday, December 7, 2017
- 2:20 – 4:20 Project Smarts After School
- Students please wear BLUE to celebrate “Just Say Hi Day!” This day our school campus will participate as part of the Chancellor’s initiative to increase equity and excellence for all students.
Friday, December 8, 2017
- Enrichment Clusters #9 . Week # 10 of Enrichment Cluster is on December 15, 2017. December 15, 2017 will be an Open Session at 8:20am for All TAOTS Families.
Town Hall Performance Schedule
December 11th – TOWN HALL
- 8:45, K-122: open session, room 337
- 9:30, K-126: open session, room 337
- 11:05, K-139, open session, room 337
- 12:00pm – ALL Grade 3 Rehearsal (Auditorium)
- 1:00pm – ALL GRADE 3 PERFORMANCE – AUDITORIUM
December 12th – TOWN HALL
- 8:45, 2-212 open session, room 337
- 9:30, 2-219: open session, room 337
- 11:05, 2-210: open session, room 337
- 11:55, 1-215: open session, room 337
- 12:40, 1-217, open session, room 337
- 1:25, 1-208, open session, room 337
Dancing Classrooms Final Performance
- 9:00am – 10:00am – 4th & 5th Grade Perform
December 18, 2017 TAOTS will have their Annual Winter Concert :
9am – Kindergarten & 1st Grade
10am – 4th & 5th Grade
12pm – 2nd & 3rd Grade
Kindergarten Application Process will begin on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 – Friday, January 12, 2017. Visit the Kindergarten Admission website schools.nyc.gov/Kindergarten
Arrival / Lateness Procedures
Students can enter through the Stillwell Ave. schoolyard entrance, starting at 7:30am. Parents will leave their child at the door. Students will be greeted by a Staff Member and will proceed directly downstairs to the cafeteria and sit at their designated tables where they are supervised by additional TAOTS staff members. Teachers will pick their students up from the cafeteria at 8:00am to proceed to their classrooms.
ALL DOORS WILL BE CLOSED AT 8:00 AM SHARP!! YOUR CHILD WILL BE MARKED LATE IF HE/SHE ARRIVES AFTER 8:00 AM. ALL LATE CHILDREN MUST ENTER THROUGH THE MAIN ENTRANCE TO OBTAIN A LATE PASS.
Children arriving after 8:20 am are considered late. You must escort your child in through the main entrance to receive a late pass given by one of the safety agents. A parent/guardian must then escort their child to the Main Office and hand the late pass to a Main Office Staff Member. Lateness will be recorded on ATS and will appear on your child’s report card. A child who arrives late to school should never be dropped off outside the building or left unattended.
If you have a change to your child’s Dismissal Plan , it is very important to contact your child’s teachers either by email before 12pm or write a note and send it in your child’s HW Folder.