Guess what’s going on at TAOTS on
January 22 – 26?
Monday , January 22, 2018
- 9:30am 2nd Grade has trip to Historical Richmond Town
- 2:20 – 3pm Parent Communication Day
- 2:30pm Teacher Led Parent Workshop with Ms. Catalano – SETSS/IEP, & Mr.Dubin – Music
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
Wednesday, January 24, 2018
- 2:20 – 4:20pm Federation After School
Thursday, January 25, 2018
- 10:45am IK & Kindergarten have a trip to the Kumble Theater
- 2:20 – 4:20pm Project Smarts After School
Friday, January 26, 2018
- 9:30am 4-226 & 4-233 have a trip African American Burial Ground
- 6pm PTO Movie Night
- Last Day of Fall Semester for Wingspan. The first day of Spring Semester of Wingspan is Monday, January 29, 2018. Please notify your child’s teachers and administration if your child’s dismissal plan will change.
The Student Council has been discussing the importance of helping the greater community. We have been talking about the hurricanes that have had devastating effects in Texas and in Puerto Rico and everyone agreed that it would be important for us as a school community to try and help those in need.We are asking our TAOTS families to join us in this effort by donating any amount you can to support Puerto Rico. For more information here is the link for Operation Agua: www.aft.org/operation-agua.
The deadline for donations will be Friday February 2, 2018. Please refer to the flyer that went home this week.
Project Smarts After School
Please be advised that there will be NO Project Smarts After School on Thursday, February 15, 2018. Please make necessary arrangements to pick up your children at 2:20pm Sharp!
Respect For All Week
“Respect For All” Week (RFA) is a Department of Education initiative that begins Monday, February 12th – Thursday, February 15th throughout all New York City Public Schools. Together with our teachers, we will continue to build on the work that we already do as a school to support this initiative. Each day students and staff will participate in different ways for “Respect For All” Week: Stayed tuned for more information….
TAOTS TRIBES DAY
We are excited to share with you that on Wednesday, February 14, 2018, we will be celebrating TRIBES Day at TAOTS! All classrooms will be celebrating “Friendship ♥ Love ♥ Belonging” by using our Tribes philosophy to continue to build community within our school.Throughout the day every class will be participating in TRIBES activities that support “Friendship ♥ Love ♥ Belonging.” Tribes Day also falls during “Respect For All Week”, which ties into the day perfectly! All classes will have a small celebration, sharing small tokens of appreciation, friendship, love, & belonging .