Here’s what’s happening at TAOTS on
February 26 – March 2!
Monday, February 26, 2018
- 9 AM & 5:30 PM NYS Testing Workshop for Parents of Students from Grades 3-5 in the Library.
- 2:20 – 3 PM Parent Communication Day. Please be sure to reach out to your child’s teachers in advance to make an appointment.
- 2:30 PM Teacher Led Parent Workshop for Grades 3-5 with Ms . Catalano by invitation only
Tuesday, February 27, 2018
- 9:30 AM K139 has a trip to La Bella Marketplace
- 10 AM 2nd Grade has trip to Enrichment of the Arts Theater
Wednesday, February 28, 2018
- 9:30 AM IK33 , K122, & K126 have a trip to La Bella Marketplace
- 2:20 -4:20 PM Federation After School
Thursday, March 1, 2018
Friday, March 2, 2018
Dr. Seuss’ Birthday & Pajama Day!
TAOTS will have a school –wide celebration in honor of Dr. Seuss’ Birthday in our Pajamas! Special Literacy Activities will take place throughout the day to honor this astounding author who has impacted so many lives, young and old! Each class will have a birthday party for Dr. Seuss with healthy snacks, water, juice boxes, mini cupcakes, and /or cookies & milk. This is a Student Only Event.
Parent Teacher Conferences
Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on Thursday, March 15, 2018 . The Afternoon Session will be held from 12:20 PM – 2:20 PM & the Evening Session will be held from 4:30 PM – 7:30 PM . You will receive paperwork to select your time slot this week. Please be sure to complete and return to your teachers ASAP. Please indicate if you will need a language translation.
Half Day Dismissal & Project Smarts After School Cancelled
Thursday, March 15, 2018 will be an 11:20 AM dismissal . Project Smarts after school is cancelled. Please be sure to pick up your children promptly at 11:20 AM.
Parent Surveys are Here!
We will be distributing Parent Surveys this week. Please look out for your green envelope and attached letter. The survey is aligned to the DOE’s Framework for Great Schools. The survey collects vital information about a schools’s capacity to improve student achievement by measuring six essential elements:
- Rigorous Instruction
- Supportive Environment
- Collaborative Teachers
- Effective School Leadership
- Strong Family and Community Ties
Last Day of Federation & Project Smarts After School
The last day of Federation after school is Wednesday March 28, 2018 & the last day for Project Smarts after school is Thursday, March 29, 2018. Please make necessary arrangement to pick up your children at 2:20 PM .