Here’s what’s happening at TAOTS on
March 5 – March 9!
Monday, March 5, 2018
- 2:20 – 3 PM Parent Communication Day
Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
- 9:30 AM – IK has a trip to FDNY Engine & Ladder 148
- 2:20 – 4:20 Federation After School
Thursday, March 8, 2018
- 9:30 AM – 4-226 has a trip to the Brooklyn Historical Society
- 9:30 AM – 3rd Grade has a trip to Kingsborough College
- 9:30 AM – 2-212 & 2-219 have a trip to The Old Stone House
- 2:20 – 4:20 PM Project Smarts After School
Friday, March 9, 2018
- Enrichment Clusters # 7
Parent Teacher Conferences
Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on Thursday, March 15, 2018 . The Afternoon Session will be held from 12:20 PM – 2:20 PM & the Evening Session will be held from 4:30 PM – 7:30 PM . You will receive paperwork to select your time slot this week. Please be sure to complete and return to your teachers ASAP. Please indicate if you will need a language translation.
Half Day Dismissal & Project Smarts After School Cancelled
Thursday, March 15, 2018 will be an 11:20 AM dismissal . Project Smarts after school is cancelled. Please be sure to pick up your children promptly at 11:20 AM.
Parent Surveys are Here!
We will be distributing Parent Surveys the night of Parent Teacher Conferences. Please look out for your green envelope and attached letter. The survey is aligned to the DOE’s Framework for Great Schools. The survey collects vital information about a schools’s capacity to improve student achievement by measuring six essential elements:
- Rigorous Instruction
- Supportive Environment
- Collaborative Teachers
- Effective School Leadership
- Strong Family and Community Ties
Last Day of Federation & Project Smarts After School
The last day of Federation after school is Wednesday March 28, 2018 & the last day for Project Smarts after school is Thursday, March 29, 2018. Please make necessary arrangement to pick up your children at 2:20 PM .