Guess what’s happening at TAOTS on October 8 – October 12!
Monday, October 8, 2018
School Closed for Columbus Day
Tuesday, October 9, 2018
- 2:20 – 3 PM Parent Communication Day. Please be sure to reach out to your child’s teachers to make an appointment if you would like to meet with them.
- Please be sure to reach out to Ms. Appelbaum if you have not registered for your NYC Schools Account. NYCSA allows you to access your child’s past and present attendance , report cards, and assessments. A letter went home with a creation code for you to create an account on your own. If you are having trouble and need assistance, please reach to Ms. Appelbaum.
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
- 10 AM Kindergarten has a trip Decker Farms.
- Federation Arts After School Enrichment Program will begin at 2:20 PM – 4:20 PM. There will be NO Federation after school on Wednesday, October 31, 2018. The last day of Federation After School is Wednesday, March 27, 2018.
- 6 PM Middle School Workshop for Parents of General Education Students in the Auditorium .
Thursday, October 11, 2018
- 9:30 AM 2-210 & 2-219 have a trip to Naguchi Museum.
- 9:30 AM First Grade has a trip to Green Meadow farms.
Friday, October 12, 2018
Enrichment Clusters – Cycle #1 – Week #2
Columbus Day Parade – Saturday, October 6, 2018 at 1PM
Come Join TAOTS at 61st Street between 18th & 19th Avenue. Lineup will begin at 12 PM. It will be the first time our TAOTS Band will be Marching in the 18th Avenue Columbus Day Parade!!
TAOTS students are expected to wear their school uniforms daily, Monday through Thursday. Friday is the only dress down day.
If you are having a hardship with purchasing uniforms, please contact Ms. Melissa Appelbaum.
School Uniform: Khaki will be the color of our pants, skirts, skorts, dresses and/or shorts. Students will have the option of wearing white or red polo or rugby shirts/blouses, sweaters and/or vests.
Gym Uniform: Students will wear gray sweatpants and sweatshirts or T-shirts with our school name and/or logo. Parents can purchase the gym uniform through Land’s End. www.landsend.com/pp/SchoolSearch.html?action=landing&selectedSchoolNum=90018148
FRIDAYS: Students have the option of dressing down in their own clothes provided it’s appropriate to school. Uniforms may also be worn if you choose.
Please make sure your children have proper footwear, sneakers are required on gym day. No Crocs, high heels or flip flops will be allowed in school for safety reasons.
**Classes that wear their uniforms daily for the week will get to participate in “Fun Fridays.” **
If your child’s lunch bag has a long strap, kindly remove the strap. We have observed children putting the strap around their neck.