November 13 – 16 is Open School Week & The Scholastic Book Fair!
Scholastic eWallet – http://www.scholastic.com/bf/ps682kacadtalentedscholars
Monday, November 12, 2018
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
- World Kindness Day – Wear Orange
- Kindergarten, 1st , 2nd, & 3rd Grade Open Classroom Visitation – Come in and visit your child in their classroom or specialty class during the following times: Period 2 8:45 – 9:30, Period 3 9:30 – 10:15, Period 6 11:55 – 12:40, Period 7 12:40 – 1:25
- 12:00pm – TAOTS 5th Annual Spelling Bee for Grades 4 & 5 – Parents Are Welcome to Attend – Auditorium Grades 4 & 5. The 5 finalists from each classroom in grades 4 and 5 will compete in our 3rd annual TAOTS Spelling Bee.
- 2:30 – 3PM Parent Communication Day – Please be sure to make an appointment with your child’s teachers if you would like to meet with them.
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
- 9 AM SLT Meeting
- IK, 3rd , 4th , & 5th Grade Open Classroom Visitation – Come in and visit your child in their classroom or specialty class during the following times: Period 2 8:45 – 9:30, Period 3 9:30 – 10:15, Period 6 11:55 – 12:40, Period 7 12:40 – 1:25
- 2:20 – 4:20 PM Federation After School Enrichment
Thursday, November 15, 2018
- 11:20 AM Dismissal. Please make necessary arrangements to pick up your children at 11:20 AM. If your child is a bus student, there will be bus service at 11:20 AM. Please let us know if there are any changes in your child’s dismissal plan.
- 12:20 PM- 2:20 PM Afternoon Parent Teacher Conference Session
- 4:30 PM – 7:30 PM Evening Parent Teacher Conference Session
- PTO Pie Tasting on the 2nd Floor.
- Don’t forget to stop by the Scholastic Book Fair in Room 337!
Friday, November 16, 2018
- Enrichment Clusters Open Session– 8:20 – 9:20 Come learn how your child is becoming college & career ready. Cycle # 1 – Week 6.
- 9:30 AM- PTO Meeting Auditorium followed by a Math Parent Workshop.
- 10:45 AM – Math Parent Workshop with Ms. Butsikares – Open to all Grades in the Auditorium.
- Last day to check the lost & found.
We just wanted to send you some helpful links with pictures of the Uniform & Gym Uniforms . Please see the links below.https://www.landsend.com/shop/schooluniforms/-/N-g54? Please keep in mind that the gym uniform should be grey sweat pants with ANY TAOTS t-shirt or red, white or grey T – Shirt. Students can also wear their Kindergarten Stepping Up t-shirt, 100% Attendance t – shirts, and their holiday blue ribbon t – shirt. Kindly, reach out to Ms. Appelbaum if you are experiencing any hardship with purchasing uniforms or if you have any questions. Also , remember that when you use the above link , TAOTS receives proceeds! Thank you for all your support and cooperation!
Turkey Dance – a – Thon
Tuesday, November 20, 2018 is the Turkey Dance – a- Thon for students only. Below is the link for the Turkey Dance – a – Thon sponsor sheet.
School Closed for Thanksgiving Recces
School will be closed on Thursday, November 22, 2018 & Friday, November 23, 2018 for Thanksgiving Recces.
Please do not keep your cars running while dropping off your children. Kindly, turn off your cars and lock them. There have been reports of theft in the area when leaving your cars parked and unlocked.
Lost & Found
Please remember to check the lost and found which is located in the Main Lobby. The lost and found will cleaned out on Friday, November 16, 2018.
Dressing for the Cold Weather
We would like to thank all our families who have been making the effort to dress their children in the school uniform.
This is a kind reminder to dress your children in layers appropriate to the changing weather. We suggest sending a sweater so that your child may keep a sweater behind their chair.
Kindly remember to dress your children in sneakers or safe comfortable shoes.
Amazon Rewards – Fundraise While You Shop!