Kindly read this letter in its entirety since it contains important updates as well as helpful reminders.
Tuesday, May 12, 2020 – Friday, May 22, 2020 – 2:00 pm – 3:10 pm
Dear TAOTS Families,
I would like to take this opportunity to wish our families a “Happy Mother’s Day!”
The weeks seem to be flying by in our remote world. As we approach week 8, it is important for us to stay connected and to continue to keep the lines of communication open with your child’s teachers. During the next two week TAOTS will hold Parent Teacher Conferences from Tuesday, May 12, 2020 – Friday, May 22, 2020 from 2pm – 3:10pm. During this time we hope to continue to deepen family engagement and develop a shared understanding of your child’s current academic, social, and emotional status and discuss the next steps needed to support your child’s progress.
As in previous Parent Teacher Conferences, parents will make an appointment to meet with their child’s teachers in 10 minute time slots. On Monday, May 11th, teachers will be reaching out to you to set up appointments. We realize that these time slots may not be conducive to your work schedule and teachers will be flexible when making appointments with our families. We are committed and will accommodate each of our families. Translations will be available if needed.
Effective the week of May 11th Social Studies will be included into your child’s instructional week and the week of May 18th Science will be included into your child’s instructional week. A grade appropriate lesson and assignment will be provided on Google Classrooms by your child’s classroom teachers. Kindly reach out to your child’s teachers with any clarifying questions you may have regarding Social Studies and Science.
We expect students to participate and interact daily with the teaching and learning that is taking place in our Google Classrooms. Please review with your child the student and family expectations for remote learning.
Remote Learning Student & Family Expectations:
- Instruction begins daily at 8:50 am by logging into Google Classrooms for all students
- Students follow their regular school day schedule with shorter periods
- Student Attendance will be taken daily using the Daily Digital Feelings Check-In Form
- Specialty Classes are part of your child’s weekly schedule and mandate
- Students are expected to follow teacher directions and display appropriate behavior
- Your child is required to participate in the instruction that the teacher is providing for each subject area and specialty class
- Communicate, communicate, communicate and keep in touch with your child’s teachers including specialty teacher teams about any questions/issues you may have
Updates & Reminders from Ms. Appelbaum and Mr. Defeo email@example.com
- NEW: PLEASE COMPLETE THE SURVEY: The DOE is asking families for Remote Learning feedback, https://www.schools.nyc.gov/learn-at-home/remote-learning-survey by Friday, May 8, 2020
- Wednesday, May 13th, Tribes theme will be Pet and Stuffed Animal day. Bring along your pets or favorite stuffed animals for everyone to see. Dogs, cats, turtles and birds. What do you have at home?
- Every Sunday you will receive a Robo Call from your Parent Coordinator, Ms. Appelbaum which contains important updates and reminders. If you are not receiving these calls, please notify us through email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Google Classroom Tutorial for Students in All Languages : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLON_Ndz-asFTvNS3ODimsVtFom_nywSJR&app=desktop
- Continue to report your child’s absences by emailing email@example.com.
- Check the TAOTS website www.taots.org regularly for updates and all TAOTS information in All Languages !
- 1st Day School Supplies Online Store has opened up. Kindly visit www.1stDaySchoolSupplies.com. The deadline to purchase supplies is July 1, 2020. This link is also available on our website www.taots.org. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Recess at Home with Playworks. You can log on from Monday to Friday at; 12PM, 2PM and 4PM to join in a Live Virtual Recess. Students will get to play and learn games in a virtual environment with a Live Playworks Coach. Click on the link for more information. Live Virtual Recess.
|Time||Week 8 Daily Remote Learning Student Schedule|
|8:50- 9:00||Students log on to Google Classroom for classroom instructions|
Wednesdayis Tribes Dayduring period 4&5
|Remote Learning Daily Instruction Students will participate in lessons and activities prepared by the teachers following their regular daily schedule:During prep periods, students will be directed to join the specialty class of the day. Period 1: 9:00-9:25Period 2: 9:25-9:50Period 3: 9:50-10:15Period 4: 10:15-10:40 (All students in K-2 Break Time) Wed. Tribes DayPeriod 5: 10:40-11:05 (All students 3-5 Break Time) Wed. Tribes DayPeriod 6: 11:05- 11:30Period 7: 11:30-11:55Period 8: 11:55- 12:20|
|Student Lunch Time |
Student: Daily Independent Work Time. Students will complete the following: 1. Independent Reading & task of the day2. Writing- task of the day3. Math- task of the day4. Specialty- 1 specialty task per day as per the daily flow of the day
Parent/Student Communication Time for parents & teachers to communicate. Parent Teacher Conferences : Tuesday, May 12 – Friday, May 22, 2020