Don’t forget turn your clocks back an hour for Daylight Saving Time on Sunday morning.
- Monday, November 2, 2020- Blended Learning Opt In Window Opens. 2020-2021Family Guide Opt-In to In-Person Learning: The NYC DOE has reported that Monday, November 2nd – Sunday, November 15th is the Opt-In Period, for Blended Learning. https://www.nycenet.edu/surveys/learningpreference
- If you DO NOT want to change your child’s program, there is no action needed. You do not need to complete the survey.
- Families requesting to change from 100% remote to blended learning should complete and submit the NYC DOE Learning Preference Survey during this window. If you complete this survey prior to November 2, 2020 wanting 100% Remote learning, the change will go into effect immediately.
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020- Election Day Full Remote for ALL STUDENTS- Group A will join their Group A google classroom & Group B will join their Group B google classroom. No changes for Group D.
- Wednesday, November 4, 2020- Report Cards will be posted on your NYCSA mystudent.nyc.
- Thursday, November 5, 2020 – Early Dismissal for ALL Students due to Parent Teacher Conferences.
- Please be sure to make an appointment to meet with your child’s teachers during one of the session times provided: Afternoon Virtual Sessions 1:30pm – 3:30pm & Evening Virtual Sessions 4:30pm – 7:30pm. Kindly indicate if a Translator is needed.
- Please make necessary arrangements to pick up your children promptly. There will be bus service on this day. Please be sure to email firstname.lastname@example.org if your child WILL NOT TAKE THE BUS.
- Grades K-2 dismissal in the yard at 11:10am
- Grades 3-5 dismissal in yard at 11:20am
- Group D Remote Learning Classes will end 11:20am
- Friday, November 6, 2020- Happy Friday! Enjoy your weekend.
- All Blue Cards MUST Completed. It is mandatory that every parent submits Blue Cards!
- Complete the NYC DOE Health Screening: https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/ All students MUST complete a NYC DOE Health Screening via paper or your Phone in prior to entering the building.
- Complete the COVID Testing Consent Form via your NYCSA : https://www.schools.nyc.gov/learning/student-journey/nyc-schools-account Here is another link with a useful video and more information to answer any questions that you may have regarding weekly random COVID testing in the school: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-year-20-21/return-to-school-2020/health-and-safety/covid-19-testing
- Please send an email to email@example.com when your child/children are absent.
- If you are in need of an Electronic Device, please reach out to Mr. Aleksey Dikusar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grading Policy Update- https://www.schools.nyc.gov/about-us/news/chancellor-s-message-for-families Please refer to the chart below.
- Family Income Inquiry Form: All families must complete a Family Income Inquiry Form. Lunch is free for all students, however DOE requires all families to complete form, even if your child DOES NOT eat school lunch. Our school will be considered out of compliance if you do not complete this form.
- Family Income Inquiry Form Link: https://www.myschoolapps.com/Home/PickDistrict
School zip code : 11204
School DBN : 20K682
School Name : PS 682 The Academy of Talented Scholars
Important Dates to Remember:
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020 – 10am SLT Meeting
- Wednesday, November 11, 2020 – School Closed for Veteran’s Day
- Sunday, November 15, 2020 – Opt In to Blended Learning window CLOSES.
- Monday, November 16, 2020 – Sunday, November 29, 2020- The Virtual Scholastic Book Fair is Open! The link will be shared soon.
- Thursday, November 19, 2020- 7pm Virtual PTO Meeting.
- Thursday, November 26 & Friday, November 27, 2020 – School will be Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday.
- Monday, November 30, 2020- Blended Learning Cycle #2 Begins.