Below are important links from the DOE that you will need for your child during their years in the Public School System. Many, if not all, have created passwords and have access to all the accounts. ALL parents must have access. Print this page or save it somewhere on your technology so you can remember the links, usernames and passwords.
The most important item to remember is your child’s OSIS or 9 digit student id number. Then your child’s DOE Student Account, your NYCSA (MyStudent.nyc) and when your child is ready to apply to Pre-K, 3K, Kindergarten, Middle School, and High School you will need to register for MySchools.nyc. This will let you explore all the different Schools for all ages and apply to the ones you would like your child to attend.
Below is a brief explanation of each account that you should be registered for. Each one has their own username and password.
****9 Digit Student ID (OSIS) Number-____________________ (You can find your Student ID number on a report card or call the school and ask for your child’s OSIS number).
*****DOE Student Account
Why do I need this account?
The account gives your student access to TeachHub, which is how students access:
- Multiple educational applications- Investigations, i-ready,
- Student report cards (available in the Student Documents icon)
- G Suite, Microsoft O365, and Zoom (using secure central accounts
- iLearnNYC, the Summer School 2020 online learning platform
How do I Retrieve My DOE Student Account ID and Password?
Here is a Video that will take you step by step: DOE Student Accounts
To retrieve your account ID and password:
- Go to Student Account Self Service (Open external link)
- Enter your 9-digit Student ID (OSIS) number. (You can find your Student ID number on a report card, your student ID card, or in your NYCSA account or call the school and ask for your child’s OSIS number).
- Enter your birthday.
- Click Continue.
- If the information you enter matches your student record, your username will be displayed.
- Your student ID is your username followed by @nycstudents.net. For example, if your username is JaneD, your student account ID is JaneD@nycstudents.net.
- If you haven’t already set up a password, you will be asked to set one up.
- Pick a password that only you will know.
- Re-enter your password.
- Click Update Password
*****NYC Schools Account – Click below to help you with step by step directions on creating a NYC Schools Account (NYCSA).
What is a NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) and why do I need it?
NYCSA is a web-based application that lets you see your child’s academic and biographic information on any computer, phone, or tablet. The application is translated into nine languages other than English.
Once you sign up for a NYC Schools Account, then you can go directly to https://mystudent.nyc/ and sign in.
In the account, you can see your child’s:
Assessments (Test Scores), Attendance, Enrollment History, Grades, Graduation Tracker, Guardians, Health Information (Fitnessgram), Individualized Education Program (IEP) Information, Promotion Tracker, Reading Level, Schedule, Student Documents (Report Card, Transcript, Summer School Letter), Transportation.
How do I register for a NYCSA?
You can register for your account from any computer or internet-connected device by following these steps:
Parent Sign-Up Guide is in (English or Spanish) Here is an instructional video https://vimeo.com/497731682, which provides visual step-by- step instructions on how to set up an account or you can visit our website at https://taots.org/nycsa/ for easy to follow steps with visuals or follow the steps below.
1. Visit https://mystudent.nyc and change language to your preference and select the “Create Account” link found on the login page.
2. Enter your child’s 9-digit student ID (OSIS) number. You can find your child’s ID number on his or her report card. If you do not have your child’s ID number, contact your child’s school.
3. Fill out the information to create an account (name, cell phone, email and validate your email)
4. Stop here and contact Ms. Appelbaum, Parent Coordinator for your NYCSA Creation Code.
Account Creation Code: [______________]
5. Select “Create Account.”
6. Enter your information to begin receiving notification.
7. Enter the unique Account Creation Code that Ms. Appelbaum gave you, which is specific to you and your child and press submit.
8. Create a password and write it here so you can remember it. _______________Keep it safe!
9. Create security questions, remember, or write down the answers. You will need this if you forget the password.
Mystudent Account (NYCSA) – https://mystudent.nyc/
NYC families can use MySchools to apply to public schools from 3-K to high school.
Get started by creating an account. Then explore your children’s personalized school options and get guidance on the admissions process from start to finish. This will be important in 5th grade and then again in 8th grade when applying to Middle School and then when applying to HIgh School.