Do Not Complete the Survey to Opt In before Wednesday , March 24, 2021
March 22, 2021
We just reopened high school buildings for in-person learning for the first time since November 2020, and I have to say that the joy on our students’ faces as they entered their school buildings was amazing. We are thrilled to see students of all ages safely learning in physical classrooms. That is why I am very pleased to let you know that all our remote families will now have one more opportunity to transition to blended learning this school year.
This means that if your child is currently learning remotely every day, they will be able to opt in to learning in person in the school building at least part of the week for the remainder of the school year. We will make every effort to provide as many days of in-person learning as possible.
When and How to Opt In to Blended Learning
- Beginning this Wednesday, March 24, you can visit the Learning Preference Survey at https://www.nycenet.edu/surveys/learningpreference to select blended learning for your child. Please NOTE : If you are planning on returning to In Person Learning, Please Do Not Complete the Survey Until Wednesday, March 24, 2021.
- Families can also call 311.
- You can change to blended learning until Wednesday, April 7.
Requirements for Returning to the School Building
Please note that if you select blended learning for your child, you must submit the consent form for random COVID-19 testing by the first day your child begins in-person learning. You can submit your consent for testing one of two ways:
- Through your New York City Schools Account NYCSA mystudent.nyc under ‘Manage Account’, or
- Complete and sign the consent form available here and bring it to your child’s school on the first day they are back in the school building.