The students have had an incredible year of learning experiences and as we come to an end of another successful year we proudly have some of our graduating students, who graciously volunteered, deliver a special digital summer message to their up and coming schoolmates at TAOTS.
Our students created a digital PSA on Internet Safety Tips based on some of the topics learned earlier in the school year for our digital citizenship unit. As many of our students will most likely be using technology over the summer, our 5th graders selected various topics on being safe while using the internet and filmed their messages.
We would also like to share information to anyone interested in attaining Microsoft Office 365 software for home use. This includes Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel and more! Any parent who has a student enrolled in a NYC public school will be able to download the software for free. After downloading the software, you’ll be able to set up a free account by entering your child’s birth date and phone number. Special thanks to Ms. Eldina Nikovic for passing on this information to spread to our TAOTS families. Please download and follow the instructions carefully, and at your own discretion as we are not responsible for home use.
The Microsoft Office 365 link is:
Again it’s been a phenomenal school year, and we look forward to all the wonderful possibilities and achievements for the next school term.
Have a wonderful summer and be safe!
Where it all Began!
A video from the minds of TAOTS graduating 5th graders.
Dear TAOTS Families,
Here’s what’s happening at TAOTS from June 19 – 23!
Monday, June 19, 2017
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
- 8:30am 100% Attendance Breakfast – Parents are encouraged to attend.
- 2:30pm Teacher Led Parent Workshop for Grades 3-5.
- 2:30pm Parent Communication Day. Please be sure to make an appointment with your child’s teachers if you would like to meet with them.
- Kindly remember to reach to Ms. Appelbaum for your NYCSA. Your NYC Schools Account allows you to access your child’s present & past attendance , lateness, report card, and Assessments/State Test Scores. It is very important for Grades 3-5 to have their password to access your account , as the NY State Exam Scores are released during the summer.
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
- Classroom Awards & End of Year Celebrations! Your class parents will reach out to you regarding your classroom celebrations times.
Thursday, June 22, 2017
- 9am Kindergarten Stepping Up Ceremony
Friday, June 23, 2017
- 9am 5th Grade Graduation Ceremony
- 6pm PTO 5th Grade Graduation Party
- Complete your order online at www.shopttkits.com Account #26943 – Today is the Last Day.
Important News & Reminders:
This is a kind reminder to please remember to send your children to school with proper footwear. Flip Flops, Crocs, or Shoes with Heals are not permitted for your child’s safety. Thank you.
The Tribes Agreement for the Month of June is “Personal Best.” Students at TAOTS reflected on their achievements this year and wrote about how they showed their personal best. The Tribes Committee chose “Personal Best” as the closing agreement for the school year so students could reflect upon and highlight their achievements as well as think about goals to set for the upcoming school year. Students from all grades are represented on the Bulletin Board.