Guess what’s happening at TAOTS on
December 11th – 15th !
Monday, December 11, 2017
- 10am 4th Grade has a trip to Enrichment through the Arts
- 2:20-3pm Parent Communication Day!
- 2:30pm – Grades K – 2 Teacher Led Parent Workshops
Town Hall Open Session & Performance
- 8:45 – K-122: open session, room 337
- 9:30 – K-126: open session, room 337
- 11:05 – K-139, open session, room 337
- 1:00pm – ALL GRADE 3 PERFORMANCE – AUDITORIUM
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
- 2:30pm – 3:30pm & 2:30pm – 4pm -Brooklyn Engineering for Kids. Today is the last class for Brooklyn Engineering.
Town Hall Open Session
- 8:45 – 2-212 open session, room 337
- 9:30 – 2-219: open session, room 337
- 11:05, 2-210: open session, room 337
- 11:55, 1-215: open session, room 337
- 12:40, 1-217, open session, room 337
- 1:25, 1-208, open session, room 337
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
- 2:20 – 4:20pm Federation After School
Thursday, December 14, 2017
- 9am – Dancing Classrooms Final Performance for Grades 4th & 5th
- 2:20 – 4:20pm Project Smarts After School
Friday, December 15, 2017
- 9:30am 3-222 has trip Brooklyn Children’s Museum
- Enrichment Cluster #10 . Enrichment Cluster Cycle #2 will begin on January 5, 2018.
- Last day to donate toys to the Toy Drive. Thank you to all our families for spreading your Joy!
December 18, 2017 TAOTS will have their Annual Winter Concert :
9am – Kindergarten & 1st Grade
10am – 4th & 5th Grade
12pm – 2nd & 3rd Grade
Kindergarten Application Process will begin on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 – Friday, January 12, 2017. Visit the Kindergarten Admission website schools.nyc.gov/Kindergarten
Arrival / Lateness Procedures
Students can enter through the Stillwell Ave. schoolyard entrance, starting at 7:30am. Parents will leave their child at the door. Students will be greeted by a Staff Member and will proceed directly downstairs to the cafeteria and sit at their designated tables where they are supervised by additional TAOTS staff members. Teachers will pick their students up from the cafeteria at 8:00am to proceed to their classrooms.
ALL DOORS WILL BE CLOSED AT 8:00 AM SHARP!! YOUR CHILD WILL BE MARKED LATE IF HE/SHE ARRIVES AFTER 8:00 AM. ALL LATE CHILDREN MUST ENTER THROUGH THE MAIN ENTRANCE TO OBTAIN A LATE PASS.
Children arriving after 8:20 am are considered late. You must escort your child in through the main entrance to receive a late pass given by one of the safety agents. A parent/guardian must then escort their child to the Main Office and hand the late pass to a Main Office Staff Member. Lateness will be recorded on ATS and will appear on your child’s report card. A child who arrives late to school should never be dropped off outside the building or left unattended.
If you have a change to your child’s Dismissal Plan , it is very important to contact your child’s teachers either by email before 12pm or write a note and send it in your child’s HW Folder.
Our second graders have been working so hard throughout their nonfiction reading unit, where they have studied various nonfiction topics across many books. To celebrate all of the knowledge they have gathered, the students met with a first grade class to teach a first grade buddy about their topic. Second graders shared what they have learned while also showing pictures and examples within their nonfiction texts. Congratulations to the students of 2-212 for becoming experts on their nonfiction topics!