The DOE has created student accounts for every single New York City public school student, including K-5 students.
The account gives students access to Google Classroom, Meet, Zoom and TeachHub, which is how students access:
- Student report cards (available on TeachHub in the Student Documents icon)
- Multiple educational applications
- G Suite, Microsoft O365, and Zoom (using secure central accounts)
To retrieve your account ID and password:
- Go to Student Account Self Service (https://idm.nycenet.edu/students/start.form)
- Enter your 9-digit Student ID (OSIS) number. (You can find your Student ID number on a report card, your student ID card, or in your NYCSA account.)
- Enter your birthday.
- Click Continue.
- If the information you enter matches your student record, your username will be displayed.
- Your student ID is your username followed by @nycstudents.net. For example, if your username is JaneD, your student account ID is JaneD@nycstudents.net.
- If you haven’t already set up a password, you will be asked to set one up.
- Pick a password that only you will know.
- Re-enter your password.
- Click Update Password.
Signing into Google Chromebook
- At the login screen, enter your account ID (firstname.lastname@example.org) and click next.
- Enter your username and password and press enter.