Good afternoon TAOTS Families & Staff,
We hope that you are doing well. We are very excited to return to the building on Monday, January 25, 2021 for in person instruction for 5 days a week!
Here are a few important reminders for when we return:
- On Monday, January 25, 2021 we will return to the building for 5 days a week for in person instruction. All remote learning students will remain home for remote learning instruction.
- Arrival will begin at 8:15 AM on Stillwell Avenue in the school yard. Please be sure that you and your children are wearing face coverings. Dismissal will begin at 1:40 PM for K- 2 Grade & 1:50 PM for Grades 3- 5. To ensure the safety of our community, please be sure to maintain social distance and please keep the entrance way clear to allow safe dismissal for all of our children.
- Complete the NYC DOE Health Screening: https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/ All students MUST complete a NYC DOE Health Screening via paper or your Phone in prior to entering the building.
- Please remember that TAOTS is scheduled for weekly random COVID – 19 testing. If your child has been randomly selected for COVID testing and has completed the test, please be sure to check the portal for your child’s test results. Please follow the instructions on the paper that was sent home with your child after they took their COVID test.
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org when your child/children are absent.
- Hot lunch is now being served to ALL Students 5 days a week. Please refer to this link for the monthly menu: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/food/menus You can also download this helpful app on your phone to have quick access to the school foods monthly menus for Breakfast & Lunch. Download the School Food App: View menus, submit reviews and even use the “FastPass” to skip the line. The app is available for Android and iOS (Open external link).
- Daily Parent Communication Time is from 2:00 – 2:20 pm. Please be sure to make an appointment with your child’s teachers to meet with them.
- Please be sure to reach out to Ms. Appelbaum if you have NOT created a NYSCA. Go to mystudent.nyc to create your account, then contact Ms. Appelbaum email@example.com to add your children to your account. Your NYCSA is a very important tool to utilize in ALL LANGUAGES to access your child’s absences, latenesses, report cards, IEP, transportation, proof of address and proof of school that your child attends for upcoming tax purposes, upcoming voting for D20 CEC elections, past & present assessments, and much more….
Important February Dates to Remember:
- February, 5 – 11, 2021 – Respect for All Week!
- February 12, 2021 – School Closed for Lunar New Year!
- February 15 – 19, 2021 – School Closed for Mid – Winter Recess
- February 22, 2021 – School Resumes
- February 25, 2021 – 7:00 PM Virtual PTO Meeting
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe & enjoy your weekend.