Greetings TAOTS Community,
As of Thursday, November 19, 2020 All NYC DOE Public Schools are Fully Remote for ALL Students Until Further Notice.
Please continue to follow the NEWS/ BRIEFINGS from the Mayor, Governor, and the Chancellor of the DOE for further updates. We will continue to email and call all our families as we receive more information regarding School Closures/Openings.
Please open and read fully the attached letter from the Chancellor of the DOE with an important update to all families.
First and foremost we want to all wish our Families, Staff, and all of the TAOTS Community, a Very Happy , Healthy, & Safe Thanksgiving!
School will be closed Thursday, November 26 & Friday, November 27, 2020 for Thanksgiving Holiday.
Enjoy the long weekend!
Monday, November 30, 2020 – Cycle #2 begins. At this time, the school is still closed and all students are Fully Remote. Please log into your scheduled google classroom as you have been doing since November 19. If there were any changes made to your child’s class/teacher, you have already been notified by the school.
- At any time, you can use this form to choose fully remote learning for your child.
- At this time, you may not request to switch to blended learning (a mix of in-person days at school and remote-learning days at home) https://www.nycenet.edu/surveys/learningpreference
- Daily Parent Communication Time is from 2:00 – 2:20 pm. Please be sure to make an appointment with your child’s teachers to meet with them.
- Complete the COVID Testing Consent Form via your NYCSA : https://www.schools.nyc.gov/learning/student-journey/nyc-schools-account Here is another link with a useful video and more information to answer any questions that you may have regarding weekly random COVID testing in the school: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-year-20-21/return-to-school-2020/health-and-safety/covid-19-testing
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org when your child/children are absent.
- Family Income Inquiry Form: All families must complete a Family Income Inquiry Form. Lunch is free for all students, however DOE requires all families to complete form, even if your child DOES NOT eat school lunch. Our school will be considered out of compliance if you do not complete this form.
- Family Income Inquiry Form Link: https://www.myschoolapps.com/Home/PickDistrict
School zip code : 11204
School DBN : 20K682
School Name : PS 682 The Academy of Talented Scholars