A look inside TAOTS in 8 Stops!
TAOTS Teachers and Students Reflect on 10 years
Ready to Sign up?!
Deadline to apply is January 19, 2021
TAOTS Tour Stops
Stop 1: Welcome!
Our Vision and Mission read by founding Principal Josephine Sportella Giusto
Together with our parents and a highly qualified and dedicated staff, we engage all of our students in rigorous learning activities, schoolwide enrichment clusters , specialty classes and tasks aligned with standards.
Stop 2: The TAOTS Campus
Stop 3: Curriculum
Our curriculum highlights video.
A showcase of our enrichment clusters featuring interviews with our students and staff.
About our Curriculum
TAOTS is fully committed to successfully implementing the Department of Education’s Citywide Instructional Expectations for the 2019-2020 school year, which includes preparing all of our students for college and careers.
Together with our parents and a highly qualified and dedicated staff we will engage all of our students in rigorous learning activities and tasks aligned with the Common Core Learning Standards.
Our academic and enrichment curriculum is designed with well-crafted instructional units and appropriate supports that are also fully aligned to the Common Core Learning Standards.
Stop 4: Tribes
Tribes highlights pictured above
- We are a No Place for Hate School
- Just say ‘Hi’ campus-wide kindness initiative
- 5th Grade Mixer Event
About our Tribes community
Our school follows a community building philosophy called Tribes. The Tribes philosophy is a positive one. It is designed to support schools in creating a secure and risk free learning environment that focuses on the “whole child” and his/her individual academic, social, and emotional needs. Tribe’s Agreements, our school rules, are posted and reviewed daily along with weekly activities that promote community building.
Students and families are asked to adhere to the following Tribes Agreements:
- Attentive Listening – Follow directions the first time they are told
- Appreciations/No put downs- In school use your indoor voice
- Mutual Respect- Take care of all classroom books and materials
- Personal Best- Finish all of your classwork on time
- Safety with Body and Heart- Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself
Stop 6: Bussing Info
Bussing and Transportation
Available to D20 General Education students only. Nest students receive Door to Door transportation as per their IEP.
Stop 7: Life During COVID
3 Community-made videos produced during the COVID remote learning era.
Following the return to school hybrid remote learning model, we are happy to be transitioning to 5-day per week in-school for students formerly in blended learning.
- Daily student / staff temperature checks via mandatory health screening – https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/
- Advanced cleaning protocols include : increased cleaning of high touch surface areas, nightly classroom cleaning/spraying, advanced classroom filtration and ventilation
- Mandatory weekly in school random COVID-19 testing conducted by Independent Laboratory Staff
Remote learning has included:
- Resources shared via Google Classroom
- Live instruction via Zoom & Google Meet
- Flipgrid, Padlet, PearDeck and other customized interactive blended learning experiences created by TAOTS teachers
- Whole school, grade-level and class by class collaborative media productions